Welcome to my blog. After 22 years in Texas and 3 in Washington DC, I now find myself in Oxford, England for Graduate School. In between alot of hard work, I am having some amazing adventures and "learning experiences" this year that I wanted to share.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Back to Sur-reality


I only had enough time before catching my flight to explore 2 floors of the MoMA. Its a beautiful new building (just opened about a year ago I think) which a great collection of Picasso (seen right), Dali, Munch, Pollack, Warhol, Matisse, Van Gogh, O'keeffe and more.

Being a art and museum junkie, my term paper is art related - which is what I am now back in Oxford working on. I am working with a team for a
private equity firm in London exploring art as an asset class. Basically, the company buys and sells pieces of art not for the aesthetic value but rather to create better than average market returns. It's a quite interesting project that is a combination of art and finance/commerce.
While, its not fun to be stuck working on a paper over the break, I have a great team to share the load with (shout out to Dan, Ilan, Rachael and Vikram!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home