Welcome to my blog. After 22 years in Texas and 3 in Washington DC, I now find myself in Oxford, England for Graduate School. In between alot of hard work, I am having some amazing adventures and "learning experiences" this year that I wanted to share.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Castles, Sheep and Rain



While in the Brecon Beacon National Park we did some hikes. Below is a picture of us walking in the rain and above is a view from the top of a mountain. We hiked 3 miles to reach the top and nearly were blown into the welsh countryside. seriously, I have never experienced such strong wind. It was a blast inspite (or mabye because) of the weather. On the way back to Oxford we drove through the Wye Valley - the birthplace of british tourism. There you find lots of castles and ruins like Tinten Abby build by Cisertcian monks in 1131!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home