Welcome to my blog. After 22 years in Texas and 3 in Washington DC, I now find myself in Oxford, England for Graduate School. In between alot of hard work, I am having some amazing adventures and "learning experiences" this year that I wanted to share.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Wind and the Willows



After a day in Manchester, I went to Glossop to see my aunt Karen who was in town for work. Glossop is a town on the edge of Derbyshire and the Peak District. Karen was stayin a charming B&B(where each room was named after a character from the wind and the willows stories), and we had some lovely hikes in Glossop and the nearby town of Hayfield. Interesting English trivia fact: the difference btwn a city and a town is whether or not it has a cathedral in it, ie you have to have a cathedral to be a city.

(england rose)

high tea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home