Welcome to my blog. After 22 years in Texas and 3 in Washington DC, I now find myself in Oxford, England for Graduate School. In between alot of hard work, I am having some amazing adventures and "learning experiences" this year that I wanted to share.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Rural American flare comes to Oxford

What happened to my little town?!? Im walking down the same quiet street I always do, to get coffee at my favorite shop and I round the corner to find a GIANT american-style carnival with rides, games, cotton candie, big stuffed animals and something that was labled "Texas Steak"! I see Beyonce and Usher silk-screened on a ride next to one of Oxford's 500 year old buildings. It was a strange juxtaposition!



Appearently it is part of a Traveling Carnival that comes to Oxford for 2 Days each year. While the 2 blocks of stands does not rival the acres of entertainment at the Texas State Fair, it is the largest and one of the most popular fairs in the UK.

what happened to my little town?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we actually enjoyed the very same carnival when i was in oxford in college. the "tea cup" style ride was operated by an extremely burly man, and i don't think my neck has been the same since! but it was fun... :)

3:29 PM

 
Anonymous Cheap Flights to London said...

I love Oxford So much and if you want to visit this wonderful city find cheap flights to Londonand plane tickets to london in this website .. it's interesting

7:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home