Welcome to my blog. After 22 years in Texas and 3 in Washington DC, I now find myself in Oxford, England for Graduate School. In between alot of hard work, I am having some amazing adventures and "learning experiences" this year that I wanted to share.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Archived Email: December Travels 2005

I had the lovely privilege of going with two good friends of my to Shepton's Mallet (where they brew Blackthorn Cider). From there we took day trips to Bath, which is lovely old city, much like Oxford except more hills. It was lovely walking the old cobblestone streets. I was reminded of how "Americanized" everything is becoming, when you walk out of the ancient Roman Bath's you size a big Ben and Jerry Ice Cream Shop!
Then we went to the Town of Wells - a true hidden treasure. Smallest city in England. In the Uk in order to be a city (not a town) you must have a cathedral. There was a local market going on that day and it had some delicious cheeses! We toured the old palace which had a mote and proper draw bridge.
Then we head to London where we walked the entire city! Tate Britan past Westminster abby, to Trafalgar Square, Picadilly Circus and up Oxford Street (good shopping) to Covent Gardens. Its great to explore the city above ground (not by tube).

Then this happy girl headed to Texas for 3 weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home