Welcome to my blog. After 22 years in Texas and 3 in Washington DC, I now find myself in Oxford, England for Graduate School. In between alot of hard work, I am having some amazing adventures and "learning experiences" this year that I wanted to share.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Madrid

Ok, so I really like spain. I realize 3 trips in 6 months might seem excessive to some. But before living in the UK, I had never been and its just such a lovely country (and not to mention it one of the easiest sunny places to get to from the UK).

I joined the marathoners for a weekend in Madrid. Again I was struck with the beautiful architechure, the art, the food and the friendly people. While Stacey, Rachel and Jan rested and recovered from the Marathon, I took off for some exploring. Lunch in the impressive Plaza Mayor, walks through the sprawling garderns and palacio Real. The Prado musem and the Reina Sofia (modern art) were 2 highlights for me. Truly world famous collections of Picasso, Goya and Velasquez.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home