Welcome to my blog. After 22 years in Texas and 3 in Washington DC, I now find myself in Oxford, England for Graduate School. In between alot of hard work, I am having some amazing adventures and "learning experiences" this year that I wanted to share.

Monday, May 22, 2006

"Awful Beautiful Life"

(Sometimes the lyrics to a country song say it all.) The last week has been a bit of a rollercoster for me.
Up - fabulous trip to Cologne - Germany's oldest city. I met up with 2 friends from UT who are now in an MBA program that has a few international programs each year. We cuised the Rhine and saw beautiful little villages dotted along the river bank and castles nestled in the hills. We also sampled a fair share our the local beer!
Down - passport and camera get stolen/lost at London airport on return trip! so Im stuck here for now and have no pictures to share - yet.
Up - Sunday, I ran a 10K for charity. A personal accomplishment, as I have never run that much before (6.24 miles). My friend Claire and I finished in 1 hour and 3 minutes! - and that was in the lovely English rain.
Down - immediately after the 10K, I had to write a paper for my Hedge Funds class - had to structure a Fund of Hedge Funds - which until about 2 weeks ago I had never even heard of - if you dont know what it is either - let me just say it involves lots of spreadsheets! I wouldn't recommend investing with me just yet either. ha ha.

So the adventures of the year continue....Headed to the US Embassy in London tomorrow to try to replace passport. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home