Welcome to my blog. After 22 years in Texas and 3 in Washington DC, I now find myself in Oxford, England for Graduate School. In between alot of hard work, I am having some amazing adventures and "learning experiences" this year that I wanted to share.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Cross Country

(French Country-side where we ran)


I filled a last minute vacancy one of the cross country teams (at the MBA Olympics) for a 7+ K run through the hills of the campus. I did not think that “country” part was serious and envisioned a flat track – nope. Not this course. It was serious trekking at a personal best speed for me. The other Oxford team received a silver medal. Our team was disqualified when one member was not able to finish. But it was an accomplishment for me, as I have never ran in a race for speed before.

The “best” part was when I crossed the wrong finish line. I sprinted to what I thought was the finish only to arrive and find I had to do one more lap. At the time it was not funny, but now I can only imagine how silly I must have looked!
(after the race, johannah, kelly and me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home