Welcome to my blog. After 22 years in Texas and 3 in Washington DC, I now find myself in Oxford, England for Graduate School. In between alot of hard work, I am having some amazing adventures and "learning experiences" this year that I wanted to share.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Salsa !

(left - pics from after the performance)

Adding to my list of trying new things this year that I have never done before is salsa dancing. At the MBA Olympics, there are lots of non-traditional sports like tug of war, chess, ultimate frisbee and a salsa dancing competition. I just began learning about a month ago and was lucky enough to compete with the Oxford team. I have not danced in front of crowd since 3rd grade ballet! It was really a lot of fun learning the dance and spending
countless practice hours with the team. The competition was tough as the teams from Spain had a slight advantage over us “Brits”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home